Saturday, September 22, 2007

Baby Love

Either babies love yarn, or I found a little knitter. This is what happened to my Trekking after about 1 minute with the seven-month-old sitting on my lap:

(Sorry for the poor lighting.) She alternately waved the yarn around maniacally as she thrashed her whole body and shrieked "Bah! Bah!" and tried to stuff it in her mouth - good thing Trekking is superwash. (I'm sure at least some of us would be tempted to do one of the two with prize stash members if it were more socially acceptable.) When her aunt took the yarn away she freaked out, but I substituted the finished sock and it was just as fun.

I felt too shy to ask her mom if I could put her baby on my knitting blog (I was imagining the lengthy explanations and incredulous looks - she's a non-knitter - in my head) but trust me, it was very cute.

My goal is to finish the second Happy Orange Sock before I go back to work on Monday... so I'd better cut this short and go knit.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That kid will have to learn to knit once old enough. :D