Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I finished something!

And I'm inordinately psyched about it! Sweetie's New Blue socks are done:


They're a little short for his taste but that was all the yarn there was. After a short discussion of how nice the yarn was and how much I liked it, and how he insisted that *he* liked it, and how I unselfishly decided to knit it for him instead of myself, I think we have an understanding about the shortness of the socks. (That said, I do have another skein in the "Congo" colorway - softly variegated muted green - that will be for myself, and when I knit it up I think I'll do contrast toes and heels because ankle socks drive me nuts.)

The Fleece Artist non-pooling stockinette sock is moving along slowly, and I'm not sure I've picked up the Geranium socks at all since my last post. I'm just not motivated to knit red - I'm sure as soon as Project Spectrum switches to orange/purple/brown I'll be nuts about red. Right now I'm eyeing a green and yellow Trekking stripe as my next pair...

3 comments:

Hilary said...

That blue is just so intense. I love it. Thanks for your kind comment on my collar. And I don't really want to believe that sale yarn isn't a good basis for projects either ... maybe I just always need to buy enough for an ADULT project, in case my plans change. (Yes that's it, I need MORE yarn, not less.:)

DDKK said...

Those are lovely socks! I particularly like the detail at the top, did you follow a pattern or is it your own invention?

nicole said...

more boys should wear ankle socks! Especially lovely ones like those :)