Saturday, March 31, 2007

Well...

I had to frog the sock from the first picture, and I think I'm going to have to frog the Rosie one too. And I'm supposed to leave for Staten Island like, now (freaking out a little; I have to drive there and find the place by myself and I'm finding that overwhelming) and while quietly knitting away is something I could probably get away with at this program, casting on and doing the short-rows is probably a little attention-intensive, plus I have three toes to do (I finished binding off the Crazy Tropical sock). So I may not get anything done after all. Boo. Anyway I better go pack and figure out what I'm doing here...

*edited because I forgot to answer a question - I think I like circulars better than dpns, except that sometimes dpns feel faster because you're not pulling things back and forth along the needle to get to the right end. So I use whatever I feel like at the time (knitting ADD...). I was knitting the Santa Fe sock on dpns because I gave my circular in that size to a teyze (auntie; elderly woman) who was knitting Turkish slippers and was really intrigued by my short-rows and circular needles. I ended up ordering her some of her own off of Knitpicks! My Turkish wasn't up to explaining short-rows without a demonstration (I don't know any knitting terminology) and I was well past the toe and heel at that point.

1 comment:

em-geek said...

Nice color scheme :)

How was your weekend?