Saturday, September 23, 2006

Success!

I can't believe how much it's possible to get done in one day when one wakes up before 12 on the weekend! Among my achievements are a moderately clean house, and substantial progress on the wrap sweater. It's knit on 10.5s with two strands of vintage thick-and-thin wool I got at an upstate Goodwill several years ago. It's a little fuzzy, but I figured for an almost-free fast knit I could deal.

I really, really want to cast on for some more socks or for some sort of shrug or wrap in my deep heathery red Wool of the Andes... and all progress on my circular shrug is on hold until I can find some size 9 dpns as I've now decreased too much for my circular needle to handle. But I want to at least finish my mom's socks first. Maybe I'll go turn that second heel right now.

No comments: