Friday, June 29, 2007

Time to check in

and see how I'm doing on my goals for 2007:

*try non-Knitpicks yarn - check! So far, I've tried Schaefer, Trekking, Lorna's Laces, Yarn Pirate, Great Adirondack, Bearfoot, Fleece Artist, Cider Moon, Regia, Koigu... I'm really happy with how that resolution has gone.

*cables - still haven't tried those... I bought cable needles though!

*more socks - check! Non-short-row toes - check, technically. I've tried one or two new kinds but I'd like to really experiment more. Non-short-row heels - half check. I did a heel flap, then frogged it. And I sort of get it but not totally. So that one needs some more attention!

*dyeing my own yarn - check! I've overdyed some manufactured stuff. I did intend to actually dye yarn blanks...haven't gotten there yet.

*do some KALs - check. With mixed results. I've learned that kals are not always what they're cracked up to be - some can be really fun, but I wasn't necessarily missing out on much by not participating, because some are really blah.

*Magic Loop on 2 circs - um, if it's 2 circs it isn't Magic Loop, is it? Oh well, check!

*Moccasin socks - still on the list.

*That last idea I wouldn't say - check, and it didn't go so well!

No comments: