Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weekend Update

The "Crazy Tropical Luxury sock" has been moving along insanely fast - the toe pictured before was indeed too big and everything was frogged Thursday, and re-cast-on on Friday. The heel has been turned and I'm moving up the leg. Here's a picture of the back -


I have also now, despite myself and my social phobia, been to TWO NYC yarn shops, purl soho and The Point, plus I broke my no-internet-shopping-for-six-months vow, and so I have yarn -


Below is Schaefer Yarn Lola (ie sport weight) in an insane colorway called Frank's Folly. My camera can't deal with it; it's a slightly richer and less electric red in real life, but still pretty insanely bright.


Last is Claudia Handpainted (Sportweight) in Santa Fe, with Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in Harvest for contrast. I was trying to get a picture that showed how the LL matched one of the colors in the CHP, but ended up with both either looking washed out or all yellowy; you can, however, see that they match! The LL looks heavier but if I'm using it for heels and toes I suppose that's a good thing.


I'm looking forward to trying sport weight socks; now I'm gonna go see how far I can get on that Crazy sock in what's left of my weekend!

1 comment:

nicole said...

That's some sweet stash enhancement you got going on there!!