Saturday, September 29, 2007

What is it about orange?


I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to citrusy colors lately, but I'm crazy about this Fleece Artist (Autumn). No pooling, no striping, just a subtle play of pretty colors. Yay!

Soon it'll be time to cast on some socks for someone else; on my list I've got my mother-in-law, Zeliha Abla #1, and Zeliha Abla #2 (abla means older sister, a common form of address for women older than you, but not so much older you can call them "auntie"). Zeliha Abla #1 is probably going to come first, just because I know which yarn I'm going to use for her:



Her kids say she likes blue, on the lighter side. I think it's going to be perfect...inshallah!

6 comments:

Bryony Ramsden said...

Arggh! You are posting faster than I can respond! But, not normally an orange girl, I have to say the ones you have been using recently are just beautiful. How do you do it?! Where do you find them?! :)

Hilary said...

Those are both gorgeous. I'm normally a blue/purple person, but I definitely see the appeal of the organge. It's very uplifting, especially as the days get darker!

Lauren said...

I'm not an orange girl, and I've been liking it too lately. I love your orange choices! :)

Catherine said...

I have been having orange attraction lately also! I don't know what it is...maybe I am just longing for fall!

nicole said...

holy moley! I can't believe how fast you're whipping up these socks! And they're all so gorgeous!

Teal said...

Great color choices and I too am starting to look at oranges in a new way.
If you check my blog you'll see a long awaited item.