Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's a curse...

The closer we get to the "red" Project Spectrum month, the less I feel like working on my red socks and the more I feel strangely drawn towards blue (intense, rich, royal blues) and orange. It figures. Anyway, the Geranium socks are maybe halfway up the foot, and the Electric Red one's heel has been turned. And I'm shopping from my stash in my head...

I'm feeling really low over the swap socks - it turns out they didn't fit her - too small. They do fit her daughter, but still - I was really disappointed and annoyed with myself. And I'm not sure how to make it up to my swap partner!

We're in the busy phase of school, which is why I haven't been around posting (or commenting, sorry!) lately, and tomorrow I have to take a bunch of tweens to an amusement park - which sounds like my own personal hell. But who knows, maybe I'll have fun... it's always possible, I do surprise myself sometimes!

2 comments:

Teal said...

That's too bad about the swap socks. I'm not sure how you could have prevented the fit problem.

Anonymous said...

please please don't worry about it! I am so happy that you sent the extra yarn, and I am going to make some toe-up socks with it, so that will be exciting!
Really and truly, wealth for my daughter is wealth for me!
To be honest, the socks I got in last year's sock swap ended up going to her, too, so you are not alone. ;)
I think I just have big feet.