Friday, January 19, 2007

Scratch that

I'm up to 5.73 miles. Does it count if it hasn't been shipped to me yet? I think it does.

Leaving me to ponder whether it's the various KALs/group projects enabling me (some of that extra mileage will be just PERFECT for the March/April Project Spectrum colors! And it's sock yarn so it'll work for the Sock Marathon AND the Sock-a-Month thing I just signed up for!) or whether I would have bought it anyway, left in my personal knitting vacuum as it were. What is the sound of one hand clapping? If a tree falls in the forest... you get the picture.

I'm home sick today and a little punchy. Time to watch Tyra and knit on my Me Socks - it's the home stretch now, working up the legs. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to work on them, so today's the perfect opportunity.
-----------------------------------------------
Eta: So I see here that the yarn marathon is a 3-month challenge... I'm assuming that starts when one casts on for one's first item. Alright, after my Me Socks I'll start my marathon. I just have to decide which yarn is next - poor Sweetie, I'm putting his socks off because they're just too perfect for Project Spectrum. He has 2 more weeks to wait - I'll probably do some Me Two socks after I finish these. (Oh, and I was happy to see that apparently "anything less than 15 miles doesn't qualify as a problem!")

1 comment:

nicole said...

I'm trying to knit from my stash - I think I can get pretty far, but I'm too lazy to count actual miles! I'm excited to see your YOUR socks!