Sunday, December 03, 2006

An eensy bit of progress, thank God

My dad's sock is moving along - almost ready to turn the heel. I think I'm going to have to add in some stripes - he has big feet and wants tall socks, and I've definitely gone through most of one ball of yarn. It's Knitpick Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk, which I have 3 skeins of, and I do have some plain purple, so I guess I'll do the heels in purple and then think about seeing what stripes look like if it still seems like I need them.

I'm also in the process of starting my sister's boyfriend's socks. I finally decided on burgundy and cocoa brown stripes, after much dithering. He tends to be a bit staid (and also picky) but surprisingly, requested funky, interesting socks so I had a bit of a dilemma. These seem staid to me but I guess the tastes of the general public vary substantially from my own and stripey socks in themselves may be a bit out there for most people. In any case, there's no time for more dithering, I have to get cracking!

No comments: